Saturday 12 September 2009

My last day in Vietnam





Well what can I say, although I have spent nearly a month here I have barely scratched the surface as to what Vietnam has to offer. It is very easy to have your whole trip dominated by the "American War" throughout the entire trip. Which makes something like a trip to a floating village so much more appreciable. In peaceful area of the Mekong there was an entire floating village of some 40 odd houses, every one of them having a TV Aeriel. Just off the end of the village was a bamboo pier going onto land through some houses on stilts. Depending on how much rain there is in the wet season these houses on the stilts can sometimes flood, at this point the river was maybe 40meters wide. The pictures show our paddler for the morning. The bamboo bridge/pier, houses on the banks of the Mekong & me sat on the front of the boat going up the Mekong towards Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment