Sunday 24 May 2009

Kanchanaburi Day 2





Well right now the heavens have opened, and dropped most of the Pacific ocean on us here at the moment, which is really really loud on a tin roof. amoungst these pics you can see me on the famouse 'Bridge Over The River Kwai' I was going to go to the Tiger temple but missed the bus there.... arse. I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to go again somewhere else. I also saw my first elephant in Thailand today, great you might think? but chained up and behaving in a distressed manner. Only for tourists to say they have been on or had a photo taken with these magnificent animals(sad really), on this occasion I declined. Although I do plan on taking an elephant trek at some point, hopfully with ones that are better treated.

1 comment:

  1. looking good Brendan. Me & Di went to that Tiger temple whilst in Kanchanaburi. It was quite smart, we got to stroke a tiger and everything. There was also quite a good war museum at the Bridge over river Kwai I seem to remember. Take it easy,son. Neil

    ReplyDelete