Saturday 18 July 2009

Muang Khua






This is the place that I tried to cross into Vietnam, but was denied by water, there had been so much rain the land slides had blocked the road, and the but that goes to the border had not been seen for 3 days, or the day I arrived or the day after that. So I had to turn tail and mack my way back down south.... arse.

Anyway the picture taken is from where the bus should have been going from had it been there, this town is 70k from the border with Vietnam, so I have had to double back quite a long way. The bridge is in the town where I stayed, and is kinda falling to bits slowly, mind you motorbikes still use it despite some really big holes appearing in it.

For those of you I have not told yet I have been using www.travelfish.org as the uber guide to my travels so far, it's like a Lonely Planet but better by at least the number of stars I mentioned earlier.

The other images are from the boat trip I took to get to this town, kids running down the beach as far and as fast as they could waving frantically, a small fishing boat with it's days catch, and one of many small village at the top of the river bank, it's easy to see that the river is the life blood for people in this region, a much slower pace of life, harder in many ways, but happier and healthier in many many more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment