Monday 27 July 2009

Sapa






You can do treks gallore form almost any hotel, cafe even internet cafe's and resturants, but from the information I have most of the agencies give the local tribe people a raw deal, in terms of how much money they get. So I went with a suggestion from www.travelfish.org .I got speaking to a local H'Mong woman in the market who offered to be my guide for a day, which was great as there was only me, Very knowledgable about her customs and the land she worked on with great english. H'Mong women get married between 15 and 18 on average, at 20+ many H'Mong men consider them to old. There is a picture of my guide who is 27 and has 4 children. She also cooked lunch for the family which I was invited to. You can also see her youngest son playing in a pile of corn cobs, when would eventually end up feeding the families pigs, chickens etc.

In the morning we went around the market getting food for lunch which is when I took the pic of the dog, mind you it had seen better days. Sapa is famous for tiered rice paddy's which are abundent around the area.....

1 comment:

  1. i bet neeting the locals is the best part of your journey. you can get an insight that tourist just simply can't get it!

    ReplyDelete